Serum vs. Moisturizer
- Thinner and lighter than moisturizers, and are always applied before your moisturizer.
- Contain highly active ingredients that penetrate deep into your skin.
- Designed to treat skin concerns like acne, wrinkles, antioxidant, and discoloration.
- They are comprised of tiny molecules that are able to absorb deep into the layers of the skin.
- Thicker and creamier than serums.
- Create a barrier that locks in moisture and nutrients.
- The molecules in moisturizers are larger than serums, so they are meant to add moisture to the top layer of the skin.
It is beneficial to use both a serum and moisturizer. Use your serum before your moisturizer. Adding this combo to your skincare routine will give your skin a double dose of hydrating and healing ingredients!
It’s okay to skip moisturizer, and just use serum alone.
Serums are truly state-of-the-art skin care products because they are potent formulations that deliver beneficial high-performance ingredients such as antioxidants, humectants or other cell-communicating components to the skin.
As beneficial as serums are, dont be tempted to skip your moisturizer, especially if the consistency of the serum you’re using resembles a lotion or an oil-based serum. Moisturizing is a crucial part of skin care! Keep in mind that your skin protects the entire body. Moisturizers protect our skin from the elements, all while hydrating and softening it. Also, while some serums contain hydrating ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, you still need to add layer a moisturizer over the serum to seal it into the skin!
‘Iliwai Hydration Serum Drops Soon!
Get ready for our NEW ‘Iliwai Hydration Serum, which drops this Friday, Mar. 12 at 6 a.m. HST.
PRO SKIN TIP:
- Apply our new ‘ILIWAI HYDRATION SERUM
- Lastly, lock it in with a moisturizer!
Be sure to sign up for our e-newsletter to be in the know, and get an alert when this serum hits our site!