As women, we deal with this once a month: OUR PERIOD. It’s a whole four to five days (or more!) where we might be moody, experience cramping and worst yet–break out. We’re here to explain hormonal acne and how we can help you maintain your #AOGlow even during your period–it’s possible!✨
During your time of the month, your hormonal skin generates an excess amount of a certain type of sebum, resulting in clogged pores. The solution? Using a gentle cleanser containing alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), or plant acids derived mostly from citrus fruits. When trying to determine the products that are must-haves in your beauty routine, there are many options that you should consider. A good moisturizer and facial serum are non-negotiable, and so is a toner.
WHAT YOU NEED: 1) good cleanser and 2) toner! Don't worry, we got you covered.
Why our Hibiscus Mist Facial Toner?
- It's alcohol free AND organic.
- If you want to even out your skin and get a flawless look, a toner is a must-have for your routine and choosing the right toner for your skin is very important.
Why use an alcohol-free toner?
- Less irritation; a good toner gets rid of damage on the surface of the skin, plus it's gentle and will allow the surface of your skin to heal. Alcohol-based toners irritate your skin, resulting in redness and inflammation.
- pH becomes normal; an alcohol-free toner will balance the pH levels of your skin with more ease, reducing irritation.
- Rejuvenate; an alcohol-free toner will help rejuvenate and energize your skin, giving you a healthier glow and smoother appearing skin. The dryness or appearance of oily skin will be reduced significantly by using a toner on your skin daily.
What is in it and why is it good for you?
Papaya Seed Extract
- Contains the protein-dissolving, papain enzyme that can be found in many exfoliating products.
- Helps reduce acne by removing dead skin cells that can clog pores.
Willow Bark Extract
- Provides gentle exfoliation for more radiant skin.
- Helps reduce acne and excess oil.
- Helps reduce signs of aging and the appearance of wrinkles.
- Refines pores and minimizes pore size.
Cleansing on a regular basis creates brighter and smoother-looking skin. Our gentle foaming cleanser gently removes dead skin, plus cleanses, clarifies, calms, invigorates and brightens your skin. It can also even out skin tone!
Every A.M. and P.M., be sure to follow the steps below and you'll see clearer skin, even during your period!
- Tone (also try our Rose Water Toner!)
- Apply serum then moisturizer
While we may never be able to avoid the occasional zit here and there during our period, it is possible to get it under control, and we’re here to help! If you have any additional hormonal acne questions, feel free to DM us on Instagram or email us.